January 2, 2013

Pin It

Widgets

Welcoming 2013

Sometimes the best way to welcome a new year is to remove your regular bra and panties, replace them and your shirt with a bodysuit, and adorn the rest of your body in velvet.

That, at least, was my theory on New Year's Eve. And there's something exciting and particularly terrifying about celebrating life's milestones without underwear.
 
 jacket & shorts: Zara, bodysuit: American Apparel, clutch: vintage, boots: Rag & Bone

The rush of adrenaline felt during the process of entering a bathroom, removing a bodysuit, and sitting on a toilet completely naked, if it weren't for the shoes on your feet and the velvet shorts around your ankles, and completing one's business as quickly as possible for fear that the door didn't lock and someone may stumble in and see you the way nature intended, is indescribable.

I hope your New Year's celebrations were just as exciting. Thank you for your continued support over the past year and cheers to 2013!  

Happy New Year!
 
***
follow A HAUTE MESS on
TWITTER | FACEBOOK | TUMBLR | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM

7 comments:

  1. Love the velvet!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah going to the washroom in a bodysuit is so exciting..lol. You look gorgeous! Love your makeup. Happy New Year!


    XO J
    www.style-worthwhile.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your expression in the second photo is priceless - and perfect for your blog post subject. I love velvet, and either hugging or being hugged by someone wearing velvet. Alas, I only have one velvet top myself - so far. Whilst you were having the exciting and a bit terrifying experience of wearing a velvet New Years Eve outfit without panties, I was doing just the opposite. After a hiatus, on New Years Eve I made six videos of myself doing male-modeled customer lingerie reviews (with a couple of photos too) in my blouse-and-panty outfits. I then embedded the videos into my blog post early in the morning New Years day. So while you were hoping the world didn't see you as nature intended, I was male-modeling my panties for all the world to see.

    You look stunning in your velvet Zara bodysuit from American Apparel.

    I hope you have a Happy New Year too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big fan of the gold accented outfit and booties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely outfit, despite the inconveniences of going commando. :-)

    Happy new year, Niki!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Love how your write ups are always so hilarious while you look absolutely stunning in your pictures. Happy New Year to you. Here's hoping 2013 brings lots of happiness to you!

    xx
    Katelyn
    theskinnyblondegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work Nina. You almost have me inspired to be a fashion blogger. But Blogger? Why not WP...

    ReplyDelete