January 30, 2013

Pin It

Widgets

Best in Beauty: Veil Mineral Primer from Hourglass Cosmetics

This may be a moment in A Haute Mess history: I don't think I've ever written a post about a sole beauty product. But today, my friends, is that day.

If you've been reading this blog for a while, you know I like to post new beauty tips and tricks (like Lauren Conrad's cat-eye liner), tell you what's in my beauty bag, and review new products, however, if you search deep into the archives you will find that there is one product from which I have never strayed: Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer

It has always been the best primer ever to be smeared across my face, and because of this I have always been loyal. Thus, you can imagine both my horror and intrigue when Hourglass Cosmetics sent me a few products to try, one of which was their signature primer.
My friends, this is not a sponsored post or an advertorial, but a love note. Hourglass' Veil Mineral Primer has finally given my go-to a run for its money, and dare I say it reigns supreme. The texture is soft and smooth -- so soft and smooth -- and it blends flawlessly. 

This primer is claimed to "neutralize redness, minimize the appearance of pores, and help soften the look of fine lines and wrinkles." My skin is in such a desolate state that I don't think I can adequately evaluate it in that regard (I just wrote a thesis, people) but it's SPF15 so at least it's helping me not look worse.

Try it! Seriously. It's a winner.

Hourglass Cosmetics Veil Mineral Primer is $18-$52 at Sephora

 
***
follow A HAUTE MESS on
TWITTER | FACEBOOK | TUMBLR | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM

4 comments:

  1. i bought this last week and love it. great recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I recently reviewed this product as well and it is excellent! Really helps my foundation stick to my face (especially my Estee Lauder one!).

    Glad you like it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds awesome! I'll have to check it out at Sephora.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ive used it, its so good!!

    http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete