December 14, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

Nokia Lumia 900 x LeiVanKash Jewellery Challenge

For the past few weeks, I've been testing out the Nokia Lumia 900 to snap pictures of what would inspire a piece of LeiVanKash jewellery, if her and I, a creator and a crazy person, were to join forces on a new piece for one of her amazing collections.

Although her jewellery has been worn by the likes of Olivia Palermo, Leona Lewis, and Rita Ora, designer Leila Kashanipour and Nokia knew that celebrity collabos are old news, and always ahead of the curve, they decided to challenge a bunch of bloggers for a potential blogger/designer/technology lovechild. 

Well I would like to turn that potential lovechild into a reality, and the challenge to generate a moodboard with my Lumia 900 completes our foreplay. So Leila, let's do it. Let's make a baby. 
 

Inspiration Boards

Texture plays a major role in the way I dress, and accessorize. I think that's why I was naturally drawn to the LeiVanKash "Flora" collection. For this board, I took photos of my favourite textured pieces from my wardrobe: a pair of gold brocade shorts, a black jacquard skirt, and a green-and-black scarf. On top, I layered photos of my favourite looks from Balmain's Fall 2012 collection. It's rich, textured, edgy, and gothic: just like the Flora collection. I would add a decadent statement necklace or collar, like the Olivia Rose cuff, to the collection. It would be heavy, and thick, and luxurious, and even if the weight caused me serious back pain, I'd pay my chiropractor double and wear it more.
 
 
I love how pretty and gothic the Flora collection is, but for me, there's something missing: the wild! Like texture, colour and print are lead actors in my sartorial story. And florals, over the past few seasons, have had an epic supporting role at that. For this board, I took photos of fashion images that spoke to that love: Kristen Stewart's Balenciaga ad, a rad editorial from the December issue of FLARE, Jessica Stam's lips from a Cover Girl ad, and threw them in with photos of print, colour, and more texture from my closet. Yeah, the lips are a little creepy.

I would take neon, and bright-coloured gems and stones -- maybe throw in some spikes for good measure -- and layer a strand of the classic roses on top, to make one heckuva eye-catching necklace. A little bit of juxtaposition and cacophony can go a long way.
 
 
There you have it, folks. Phase one of the Nokia x LeiVanKash (x A Haute Mess?) challenge is complete. To check out the rest of the challenge, we're all tweeting at #NokiaLVK.
 
***
follow A HAUTE MESS on
TWITTER | FACEBOOK | TUMBLR | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM

1 comment:

  1. Looking at those noodles made me super hungry. Great ideas! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete