November 1, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

Outfit of the Day via iPhone: Edition 2

Remember that time I talked about dumb blondes, the digital era, and self-taken iPhone photos? I wasn't kidding, and so it continues.

My roommate just finished a photojournalism class and after creeping her fantastic work, I've decided that she will help me redeem my status as a legitimate style blogger and replace my former blog photographer, Obliging Boyfriend. (Hi Marlisse, please say yes.) Nevertheless, until I can entice her away from real journalism (Vancouverites, you may have seen her Hurricane Sandy coverage in the Sun this week) this must suffice.

sweater: ASOS, jeans: Rag & Bone, boots: ASOS
jacket and trousers: Zara, blouse: Rachel Roy, shoes: Deena & Ozzy
vest: Club Monaco, blouse: Simons, jeans: Rag & Bone, boots: Zara, necklace: Stella & Dot
Hurricane Snuggie Sandy
And we're getting more professional. But more importantly, isn't the exposed brick in my apartment lovely? It's like Rufus Humphrey's or Rachel Berry's Brooklyn lofts, except real, and realistically sized. And in Manhattan. 

 blouse, skirt, boots: Zara, tank: Daydreamer LA
Speaking of which, I read this article once comparing Brooklyn to Manhattan, because, you know, Brooklynite hipsters, gentrification, and all of these things have made people question whether or not Manhattan is still the cooler of the two boroughs. The writer opined that Manhattan is irrevocably cooler than Brooklyn, with the reason being, "even Heath Ledger decided to kill himself in Manhattan." Too soon, right? I wish I could find the link to share it.

On that note, thank you to those who wrote in about my status during Sandy's ravaging. To those who didn't, you are dead to me. Just kidding. Maybe.

Also, I received so much great feedback on this piece I wrote on Glamour Magazine and the magazine's current cover featuring Taylor Swift. You intelligent, savvy, and funny women out there deserve better, and I'm glad we all recognize this. Let's hug it out.

***
follow A HAUTE MESS on
TWITTER | FACEBOOK | TUMBLR | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST

4 comments:

  1. haha I hope you get a replacement photographer soon! You don't really need it though; I can still admire your outfit creativity just fine even with the crappy iphone :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. great looks, love the snuggie photo lol!
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c(”)(”)
    http://www.bunnymysweet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah you look too cute!
    love the snuggie pic
    lol

    xx
    Jen
    www.jennyscribbles.com

    ReplyDelete