October 2, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

Weekly Outfit Roundup

Because there's nothing more digital age than dumb blondes taking pictures of themselves on their iPhones for the Internet, I present you with this: a weekly outfit roundup of selfie photos

For some context: I took these before or after school, hence the prevalence of under-eye circles and shitty hair, and I tried to draw you in with my facial expressions -- staring into your souls and such. (Except in the last photo. I had just walked home in the pouring rain sans umbrella and was in no mood. Sorry.) 

So in an effort to get back to what this place once was (narcissistic) I'm going to try and get back to the style stuff. Especially given the emails and tweets saying "nice effort, but..." -- haters, you are my motivators. (Just kidding, I know it wasn't hate. You know you love me, XOXO and such.)

Back to style. Now that I'm in school I've started dressing more like a Muggle (non fashion folk). No more floral pantsuits, no more floor-length crotch embellished skirts, or oddly printed skirt suits (Psych! I brought all of these things to New York and will start breaking them out as soon as I've convinced my teachers and colleagues that I'm not crazy) -- so things are pretty tame

However, I hope that for those of you that read this wee blog still find tips and/or inspiration (or entertainment, or horror, or whatever else you may find here) re: getting dressed for the real world, where we eat sandwiches and sit at desks and have to take just a smidgen of practicality into account when going reverse nude.

And by all that, my new dress code is pretty simple: I really just wear flats a heckuva lot more.
 
 blazer: BB Dakota, tee: vintage, skirt: Forever21, shoes: Topshop, necklaces: vintage (top), Urban Outfitters

 blazer: Zara, top: Sophie Hulme for ASOS, pants: Zara, shoes: Deena & Ozzy, necklace: Belle Noel

 scarf: Zara, sweater: Forever21, tee: Zara, jeans: Rag & Bone, boots: ASOS

 jacket: Zara, top: vintage, skirt: ASOS, boots: Penelope Chilvers (you can't see this in the picture but they are sapphire velvet and thus my new favourite shoes.)

 See? Unhappy face. blazer: BB Dakota, blouse: via NastyGal, jeans: Rag & Bone (c/o Net-a-Porter), shoes: Farylrobin, necklace: via Shoppalu.
***
follow A HAUTE MESS on
TWITTER | FACEBOOK | TUMBLR | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST

25 comments:

  1. I bet you're still the most fashionable person at your seminars and lectures! Also, I think we have the same Zara jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of them but, the first outfit is my favorite!
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c(”)(”)
    http://www.bunnymysweet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look with the polka dot shirt and red pants!!
    Can't wait to see more style posts!

    Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice outfits! I am digging those little leopard boots.

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice outfits. I like the 3 one.

    http://fashiondenis.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2nd and last looks are my absolutely favorite of the bunch. LOVE the necklaces from the first two photos and I love that the 3rd look isn't slouchy but looks cozy =]

    xo
    Maggie
    http://magz725.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl, I just found your blog and I love it! Newest follower! xx.
    Megan

    www.forallthingslovelymr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really know how to rock a blazer! I love your style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the 2 and last photos of you in the blazers! Pretty

    HEYLJ
    http://www.heylj.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the multitude of polka dots!
    The 2nd look is my fave.

    http://swagnstyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg you have amazing style!! just wow!! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're hilarious, I can tell we'd be friends just by your writing.I love the cobalt pants with the polka dot shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've just discovered your site,you are hilarious. Your personality comes through your writing. I like the cobalt pants with the polka dots and all the blazers

    ReplyDelete
  14. So I love every outfit you've done there. Such a varied looks, and your shoes...well I want them all! :)
    Please check out our blog
    http://www.goldielondon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Funny pictures, i loooove them ;) do want to follow each other ???

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these looks, just found your blog, now following!! :)

    xo, Christina

    www.thestylestorm.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. love how you incorporate a lot of polka dots into your looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like your style but it's very skinny I had a baby recently so no can do is there anything more chubby friendly?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all these looks! The green tweed skirt is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anyone who read our covering of Michael Kors’ Spring 2012 show should be surprised at how the accessories are shaping up – earthy, simple and inspired by seemingly every nature-loving culture in the world.michael kors iphone wallet cheap

    ReplyDelete
  21. All very cute outfits, love the blazer look.

    ReplyDelete
  22. She looks fantastic and beautiful.I love her styles so much.Outfits are so nice and gorgeous.
    hairstyles for round faces

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, what a breath of fresh air! Love that your pics are silly and not posy! You're writing makes your blog so unique. New fan right here.

    A.

    http://merrose.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete