September 29, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

POTD: A Manolo Blahnik Moment

Someone pour me a Cosmo because I had my first Carrie Bradshaw moment in New York this week. 

The hippest of hippie hipsters descended upon What Goes Around Comes Around's East Village pop up shop last Thursday night, and I did too, albeit, smiling and wearing colour. It was like being a polka dotted unicorn in a herd of vodka-fueled all-black stallions, and to make matters worse for myself, many-a Sex and the City reference was made.

My roommate/possibly my common law partner Marlisse (you know, politics, fashion, and Democratic bedmates) and her eagle eyes spotted a perfect pair of classic black Manolo Blahnik pumps, in my size, and marked down at a price fit for a student/eventual journalist. And after trying them on like Cinderella Cinderella's evil stepsisters (forcing them onto unpedicured and undeserving feet), a healthy dose of peer pressure and a credit card thankfully brought them into my life.
 
 
I won't tell you what happened next -- well, after the obligatory Instagram -- because they may or may not have ended up in a brown paper bag and forgotten at a divey Upper West Side bar, but nevertheless, they are back in my possession, and officially mine. And maybe I'll even do a style post soon to prove it.
 
Have a good weekend, err'body.
 
***
follow A HAUTE MESS on
TWITTER | FACEBOOK | TUMBLR | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST

10 comments:

  1. Great find ! Congrats, can't wait to see them in action !
    My Blog - A Pretty Nest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoooo! Can't wait to see an outfit post with them ;)

    XO J
    Giveaway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find!

    Kate xo
    petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. i kind of love this story. cinderelly! cinderelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha omg you almost lost them?? Thank god you got them back, that would have been tragic otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So amazing! Also, great story and so relieved that you got them back (that would have been a travesty!)
    ♡ Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost had a heart attack when I got the the divey UWS bar part. Very glad to hear your fairy tale had a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow great find! Not everyDay You find manolo's shoes and almost lost them

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the shoes, they are amazing :)
    xoxo, M&M

    ReplyDelete