August 2, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

London 2012! A Haute Mess does the Olympics

Just kidding. I'm obviously not at the Olympics as a viewer or (surprise!) as an athlete, but the Hudson's Bay Company, who dresses Team Canada, teamed up with FASHION Magazine's Style Panel, to patriotically pimp us out (uh, figuratively).

Please ignore the fact that I was left to my own devices with a self-timer, in my bedroom, and making a dead-eyed blow up doll face. Oh, and I'm really sweaty. How do you East Coasters manage in this heat? Anyway, this is me representing my home and native land, and lazily quoting myself from FASHION's feature.

"I know. Everything about this is wrong (especially because I’m wearing silver Converse sneakers — not pictured). and this outfit may be the equivalent of Gretchen Wieners trying to make “fetch” happen, but I love leather, fringe, Canada and my new Olympic tank, so I’m doing it anyway! As always, the Bay’s Olympic gear fits perfectly and is great quality, so I’m definitely going to be showing my Canadian pride and team spirit by sporting this tank (pun intended) for the next few weeks (especially because I’ve recently relocated to the U.S. of A., heh). I may not try and make the fringed leather skirt work again, but I will patriotically pair up my favourite denim cut-offs or slouchy trousers with this team tank."

Check out the rest of the girls in their Olympic gear, here!

***
follow A HAUTE MESS on
TWITTER | FACEBOOK | TUMBLR | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST

9 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Hope you are enjoying your new home and city, but of course nothing compares to Canada.

    xoxo
    annpaige
    http://annpaigefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for Canada! And you still look great, but I agree, might be easier to pull off with a pair of cutoffs :)
    xo K
    www.lilieslattesandlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely, so nice you got that t-shirt! Way to support your country!

    HippieChicPao

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking beautiful in this outfit.. keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can never go wrong with a little patriotism! I've currently come down with a strong case of Olympic fever as well! I can't get enough of those games

    ReplyDelete
  6. "dead eyed blow up doll face" - you are hilarious!!

    http://nomadic-d.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. too cute!!!:))
    xoxo




    http://style-squared.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete