July 27, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

YVR to JFK: And I'm off!

It's only fitting that the last photos you see of me in Vancouver were taken on my parents' front steps, looking more West Coast than ever. Don't worry: I packed a lot of black.

It's Friday! I'm in New York now. Fine, I'm not. I'm sitting in an airport lounge, but I will be in New York by the time you read this, toting my one hundred multiple pieces of luggage, my Snuggie which will be stained with red wine and drool from my red eye flight, and sweating my figurative balls off in a manner too inappropriate for such light-coloured pants. Glamour!

 sunglasses: Super, necklace: Bleeker Spike Necklace from Urban Outfitters, tank: Daydreamer LA, jeans: J Brand, shoes: Converse, bag: Sienna Ray, bracelets: DIY (similar here) and Stella & Dot

Last week I wrote a pretty emo post about moving, and a lot of you were all like "Bitch, please. You're moving to New York City.", so thank you for that. You're right. Also, I was in a bit of a funk -- call it PMS if you will -- so maybe now it's time we install a new rule on this blog about not publishing posts while on your period. It's even alliterative! I'm totally going to kill it at J-School.

I jest. But seriously, thank you for both your tough love and words of encouragement. I'm sad to leave home but very excited about the new adventure ahead. On that note, you stay classy Vancouver! I miss you already.

And WHAT UP NEW YORK CITY?! I'm BACK.

 ***
follow A HAUTE MESS on
TWITTER | FACEBOOK | TUMBLR | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST

11 comments:

  1. Good luck! And safe travels.

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool outfit!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. have an awesome time! nyc is so ready for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun!

    HEYLJ
    http://www.heylj.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. NYC get ready! your so lucky! xx

    please check out my blog and follow! ...
    www.head-toefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute outfit - the combo of metallics and neon is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the outfit, have fun in new york!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you look great! That shirt looks awesome and I love your necklace!:)

    Stop by some time:)

    xxx

    Mia's Little Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the move and good luck in school! Hope I run into you during Fashion Week again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pants are amazing. I love the neon color. Have fun in New York :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did you find New York? I do hope you have fun there! Post a lot of photos from there! And I love your sneakers by the way!

    ReplyDelete