July 30, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

Alive and Well

 
I've been pretty silent since my move, so thought I'd put something up to let everyone know that all is well. Oh, and I'm alive! Everything has gone well so far -- the apartment is great, I love my new hood, and I've even learned a fun new lesson to never turn your back while moving things from the street into your apartment building's foyer, even if it's just a $12 set of plastic Rubbermaid drawers, because they will get stolen by shifty walkers-by or your cab driver. America!

I'm still getting settled in, getting my sweat glands acclimatized, and have a busy week ahead with orientation starting at Columbia, but I will be back posting soon.  Thanks for stopping by!

***
follow A HAUTE MESS on
TWITTER | FACEBOOK | TUMBLR | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST

12 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki! Congrats on your move!! I was in NYC in June and thought it was amazing!! Enjoy the city but watch out for the shifty walkers by and also the dudes in Times Square selling empty CDs for 5 bux!!Ciaox

    ReplyDelete
  2. They weren't stolen. Were they left on the curb? That's New York for "up for grabs"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha no! not even! by my stairs. it was sad.

      Delete
  3. glad to hear you're settling in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your move! I'll be in NYC in a few weeks to see if I should be moving there :)

    -Carmen
    http://wearmint.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope your move is for the best and have creative and happy days!

    http://anmarkdesign.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the traditional American welcome to newcomers. On the plus side, you'll be able to do it to some poor unsuspecting transplant in a few months!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh, how beautiful :) x

    www.theclothesmaiden.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1 FASHION BLOGGER LESS IN OUR BELOVED VANCOUVER....AHHH...!WE ARE A DYING BREED!:)ANYHOW, HAVE AN AWESOME TIME IN NYC!!!ITS DEFINITELY A STEP UP!!CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU GIVE US FROM NYC!!!
    KISSES FROM BACK HOME!:)))
    XOXO



    http://style-squared.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on getting accepted in Columbia! I'm sure you will have an awesome time there and won't miss Vancity too much. :)

    brenda @perfectinpurple.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So excited for your adventures! After i moved to New York I completely stopped blogging bc I was having too much fun!!

    ReplyDelete