June 20, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

What's in My Beauty Bag

Since the contents of my purse were received well, I've decided to take you where the (fiber intake permitting) magic happens (my bathroom) and show you how I perform miracles on a daily basis through the products in my big bag of tricks: my make-up bag! Who needs to avoid alcohol, drink water, eat vegetables, and sleep, when you can slap a big ol' pile of chemicals minerals on your face and call it a day?

I don't use all of these at once (obviously) unless I'm trying to look like Ru Paul or a Kardashian, but these are the products that make the cut from my bathroom, to my bag.

What's in my beauty bag




Smashbox Photo Finish Primer - Primes face and smoothes skin for even make-up application. It's a little pricey, but worth it! Especially if you're like me and suck at putting things on evenly.

Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream - I still don't know exactly what BB Creams do, but if I need extra coverage I use this instead of my primer, and if I don't need much coverage at all, sometimes I just wear this as a tinted moisturizer. Yay for multitasking products!


Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Matte - My favourite. This is my first time trying the matte version of it, and to be honest I don't notice a difference, but regardless it's nice and light and not too make-up-y.

Benefit Erase Paste - It does what it says it does, and erases hangovers and period pimples like no other. Just saying.

Hoola by Benefit - This is how I keep my vampire skin glowing and tanned. Oh, you haven't noticed? How strange. Clearly I'm not wearing enough.

Stila Eyeshadow in "Sun" - I know, I know. "Kitten" is apparently the go-to Stila shade for everyday wear, but I'm a non-conformist and I prefer Sun. So there.

Givenchy Mister Light Correction Pen - For times you don't need to full on erase the past 12 hours of your life, but just need a little help pretending you got a good nights sleep.


 
CARGO High Pigment Eyeliner in Black - I like this eyeliner because it's not smudgey, so if smudgey and smokey is more your jam, I suggest MAC kohl in Smolder (it's super smudgey, and I personally don't use if because it usually ends up all over my face). But! This Cargo pencils also gets very sharp, so be careful.

NARS Pencil Sharpener - The lid is key. Key key key! I never knew this until I actually stopped being stupid and used a sharpener with a lid, and surprise! My fingers don't get black eyeliner all over them when I grab something from my bag. Amazing.


Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner - Remember when I dedicated a post to Lauren Conrad? (Yes, I've repressed those embarrassing memories too.) This is the liquid eyeliner I use for a cat-eye, because it's so easy to use. And if I can do it, so can you!


Maybelline Great Last "Lots of Lashes" Mascara - I used to never understand the people who would rave about Great Lash mascara, because I've never liked it. But then Lots of Lashes came out, and it completely changed my mind. If you love the original, and even if you don't, I bet you'll like this one.

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler - This is another item that I would always see in Allure magazine or winning various other beauty awards, so I tried it. And it's good. But a less expensive, drugstore brand eyelash curler would probably be just as effective.

Lipstick! - I always carry a couple of shades in my beauty bag and my go-to brands right now are MAC and Maybelline's new SuperStay 24 Hour lip colour, because they don't budge. My go to shades are Vegas Volt (orangey-coral), Morange (bright orangey-red), and Costa Chic (coraly-pink) by MAC, and Ravishing Rouge (bright red) and Enduring Ruby (dark red) by Maybelline.


In other news and according to today's theme of where the magic happens, pop on over to the The Anthology and check out "Workspace," a new column featuring the work spaces of creative people. Up first? The top secret laboratory where A Haute Mess comes alive! Ooooooo. Enjoy!



***
follow A HAUTE MESS on
TWITTER | FACEBOOK | TUMBLR | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST

7 comments:

  1. I love Bare Escentuals, I just bought a combo pack the other day and I am completely head-over-heels for it! It makes skin so pretty and glowy!
    xx



    The Urban Umbrella

    xoxo



    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just bought that mascara but I haven't tried it yet. I really want to try the erase paste too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any mascara that has superfine plastic-y bristles seems to work well for me. I have yet to try Great Lash Lots of Lashes, but the heart-shaped wand looks really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought the Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner and it's amazing! Stays on all day and gives you the finest of lines! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should try that Maybelline lipstick because I'm looking for ones that don't budge!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have foolishly strayed from Shu Umera curlers and always gone back. The cheapies are nowhere as good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Die Mascara ist wirklich toll. Das beste Produkt ├╝berhaupt.

    ReplyDelete