June 4, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

An Interview with Heidi Merrick for MTV FORA

Welcome back, friends! I hope good weekends were had by all. I snoozed, boozed, brunched, and started attacking my readings that I need to get done before school starts. I'm about halfway through The Imperfectionists right now and I quite like it. Have you read it?

Back to the post. I had the opportunity to interview fashion designer Heidi Merrick in Vancouver a couple of weeks ago at an event in her honor at Oliver & Lilly’s, the city’s exclusive retailer of her collection. I’ve been really into her Spring/Summer 2012 collection since I first peeped the lookbook ages ago and like Bill Hader’s Stefon would say, “it has something for everyone.” (Did you read that in his voice? I hope so.)

There are sorbet shades, gauze and lace dresses, bright canary yellows and other bold hues, lots of colour-blocked shift dresses and tunics (I Love-with-a-capital-L this one), and while varied, it still maintains Heidi Merrick’s signature laid-back California girl aesthetic, which totally exemplifies Heidi herself. 

Heidi is a lot of fun and super easy-going, and I had a great time chatting with her about life, fashion, and the path she took to finding her fit as a designer. You can read the entire interview on MTV FORA here!

Oh, and when you're done doing that, can you pretty-please-and-thank-you go vote for me in Lifetime Collective's Spring Style Blogger Challenge? I double dog dare you to.

photo via MTV FORA


***
follow A HAUTE MESS on
TWITTER | FACEBOOK | TUMBLR | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST

2 comments:

  1. Her collection is so beautiful! Great post! I'll have to check out that book The Imperfectionists and I love Bill Hader's Stefon on SNL, lol! http://www.NatalyasCloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read The Imperfectionists last week, and I loved it! I felt he did a great job of presenting all of his characters in great balance, and showing their very human flaws in a kind and honest way. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete