June 29, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

Fringe on False Creek

Many motivational speakers and/or self-help books will say things like "you are who your friends are" and tell you to surround yourself with people you admire and respect, or perhaps even aspire to be like. As one not to turn my back on some good advice, here you'll find me, surrounded by speed boats and yachts, with desperation thickening the air, a button-up not buttoned all the the way as per Phil Mickelson usual, heels high, and a skirt short enough to make some new boat-owning friends.


I kid. The truth is, ...well the truth is quite boring compared to a tale of me creeping around for seafaring friends. (Seamen? You're gross and I can't believe you just said that.)

These photos were taken when the solid overcast that has been taunting Vancouver as of late, parted for a hot minute, and exposing my summer-is-rejecting-the-West-Coast pale limbs in a skirt and short sleeves was in order.  That's the whole, boring truth, and nothing but it.


In retrospect, I may have actually made some seafaring foe, because there is a good chance I'm mooning those kayakers below. How rude.

shirt: c/o Akira Chicago, skirt: Zara, shoes: Zara, sunglasses: Super, necklace: Gee! Jewelry, bracelets: Noir Jewelry, Stella & Dot, bag: Rebecca Minkoff

Let's get back to talking about outfits and material goods, like we do. The wonderful maker of my necklace, Georgia, is donating 50% of her July sales to Cystic Fibrosis Canada, so now is a good time to get one. They're made from silver bullet casings, they're really cool, they're $20, and they fit perfectly up your nose -- but don't ask me how I know that.


***
follow A HAUTE MESS on
TWITTER | FACEBOOK | TUMBLR | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST

6 comments:

  1. Theres that awesome skirt again! Love it! and I love your shoes!
    xx







    The Urban Umbrella

    xoxo



    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the print on that top!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah love it all!!! Amazin' post. If you get a sec, I have a new post up about the Prequel for SATC! Would love to know what you think hun.

    http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY COOL!!!
    GLAD TO SEE THAT STYLISH CANADIANS ARE NOT A DYING BREED!!:))
    XX


    http://style-squared.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the blog!! we are missing Van so much <3. Have you seen the bathing suit (fringe) that's hot this year? www.facebook.com/misskellysfeathers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kind of love that Zara skirt.

    x

    http://twenty-four-sevenfashion.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete