April 10, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

Lunch and Luxury with Lincoln Motors

Last week, I attended a presentation and lunch at the VAG (the Vancouver Art Gallery, for you guttered minds and non-Vancouverites) with Lincoln Motors, and the who's who of automotive reporting.

So why was I, a fashion blogger, there, you ask? Aside from polishing off a few glasses of wine inappropriately early in the day, and indulging my ass and thighs with good eats, I happily attended because Sheryl Connelly, Ford’s Global Consumer Trends Manager was speaking on trends, and luxury, two of my favourite things to report on. More specifically, she discussed the evolution of luxury across industries, and the latest luxury trends in car design.



The event began with a cocktail reception (see corresponding image here) followed by Sheryl Connelly's short, sweet, and informative presentation, followed by an incredibly delicious lunch at the new Rooftop Pavillion in the Vancouver Art Gallery -- if/when you go, have the butterscotch pudding. You can thank me later.



"Luxury should be guilt free." - Sheryl Connelly, Ford’s Global Consumer Trends Manager.  
Preach it, sister.








What I Wore


shorts suit: H&M (similar blazer and shorts via Tophop), t-shirt: Topshop, necklace: Stella & Dot


bracelets: c/o Stella & Dot, bag: Rebecca Minkoff


shoes: Preen x ALDO Rise (c/o ALDO Shoes)


stupid smile: all me, baby.


 
Aside from freezing my figurative balls off for outfit snaps, it was a great start to my weekend. As much as I love seeing the fashion crowd out, it was cool to meet bloggers, journalists, and industry folk from a completely different world. And it was extra cool to finally be the best dressed there.

I kid, I kid.

 photos by Ted Brookes.
***
follow A HAUTE MESS on
TWITTER | FACEBOOK | TUMBLR | BLOGLOVIN

7 comments:

  1. Was this related to the Auto Show? Sounds like an interesting talk and the food snaps... major drool. Plus those shoes... WANT!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This short suit is amazing. The blue looks great on you.

    Tiffany
    http://shoeschampagne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool shoes!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the color of your suit! And that Stella & Dot necklace? Amazing!

    -Shirley
    Minted Magazine | MintedMag.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. My God. The shoes. Love!! How cool are they? I am always looking out for sandals that are also comfortable and gorgeous - not as easy to find as you might think, something that feels fine when you try them on in the shop can end up cutting into your feet like cheese-wire as you walk around on a hot day... the food looked amazing too, lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loooove those shoes! and I'm so jealous of your gorgeous tan. What a fun event and I bet you were the most stylish one there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey! karl told me about your blog. i love it! congrats on Columbia. guess they'll be more rick-rossing on the rooftop this summer. xo camille

    ReplyDelete