March 5, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

Shoes for Thought: Some of Spring 2012's Best Footwear

As a footwear aficionado, I believe I have a certain aptitude for picking out a good shoe, my favourite of which, are those that make a statement by being unique or interesting. You can be buried in black pumps (but I'd rather be in these flaming Prada wedges, like the fires of Hell) so have fun with footwear! All of the below, have the potential to up the style quotient of any outfit, and those less extravagant in the group, such as the Alexander Wang or Jil Sander perforated booties -- these, my friends, is what I will allow you in terms of "investing in classics."


Altuzarra


Rochas


Alexander Wang

YSL


Proenza Schouler


Balmain

YSL

Burak Uyan


Jil Sander

Prada

Alexander Wang

Balenciaga

Onto the hard-hitting questions of the matter: if I had to pick just one pair... it would be the Balenciaga winged booties, above. And these are the things that keep me up at night, what about you?

ps. It's your last chance to enter the Jason Wu for Target giveaway. You should do that here, now, because I say so. And because the giveaway ends at 11:59 PM PST, tonight!

*all photos via style.com
***

9 comments:

  1. I love all of these!! Now where to come up with all the funds to supplement these bad boys! Would love for you to checkout my latest posts and participate in my giveaway!! Follow me, I follow you?!

    xx
    Caitlin
    http://hauteeyes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prada just made my day. Their shoes are incredible. I wouldn't wear them but I love the idea and the originality! A bit too much though ... ? Anyway, I like the fact that a brand that famous try something that wild.
    We just wrote an article about old shoes, they were really different from these !
    Blondyn_Bubble

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! I need the turquoise Alexander Wang ones right now...too bad I'm a broke unemployed student. I need to find someone to buy me these asap.

    xxoo
    pamela
    www.pamelamarrie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I just fainted and woke up again for those YSL shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm seeing some majoy DIY inspiration in these pictures!! I can't wait to be able to wear shoes without socks!! This silly snow needs to go away :)

    Natasha ~ TashaDelrae.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, those Rochas are the stuff dreams are made of.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, do i ever want those YSL's!!!!! they are so perfect!!! everything from the mint color to the gold accent!!! LOVE!!!!!1

    love K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Balmain shoes... grah! So amazing!

    Nora
    Nora Finds

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some truly great shapes and textures. So amazing.

    http://www.menacherieblog.com/

    ReplyDelete