March 8, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

A Haute Mess does NYFW in a Giant Red Skirt

After I put my PMS on display yesterday, how about we lighten things up again with another outfit post? I wore the outfit below at New York Fashion Week, and received more confused looks from Muggles than I did when looking like a Von Trapp child on mushrooms. Let's just say riding the subway from the West Village to Chelsea Piers and up to the Lincoln Center in a floor-grazing skirt with a giant bow framing my private parts, was not just unsanitary, but an invitation for stranger dangers to engage me in uncomfortable conversation. Nevertheless, this is still one of my favourite outfits from the week because it made me look really tall, and almost skinny.


jacket: H&M, fur: vintage, tee: Vince, skirt: ASOS, necklace: Belle Noel, bracelets: Noir Jewelry, sunnies: Super Sunglasses.


Why yes, that is a giant red bow forming a house around my crotch. If we didn't know better, one might even call it... a pussybow. What? We were all thinking it.


Oh yeah, I also wore blue shoes: they're Jeffrey Campbell. By now you may have noticed that like the Rebecca Minkoff bag below, I wore them almost everyday during Fashion Week. They took me from morning until... well, morning, without pain, so why change a good thing? You may have also noticed that my knee looks rather cellulite-ridden and I promise you, it's not. As a frequent viewer of my naked body, I can assure you, my cellulite resides elsewhere.


bag: Rebecca Minkoff


See? (Refer to Paragraph 1).



Alright, that's enough of these shenanigans. See ya!

***

29 comments:

  1. Love your skirt and your cobalt Jeffrey Campbells!

    hiraschaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it your blog is amazing!


    jasmin
    http://www.my-berlin-fashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just find your blog..and I really like it!:)
    that sunglasses fits you perfectly! :))
    http://andreapilipovic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn! You look SO good! I would totally give you a weird look on the train, but only because I was jealous of your awesome pussybow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the red skirt is gorgeous! beautiful outfit :)


    myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this skirt actually. I didnt think anything odd about crotch either.


    www.ravenamaru.blogspot.com
    New DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the colors!!!

    www.thehautecookie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are hilarious. And you look AMAZING! I have loved that skirt in every colour but you make a very strong case for red.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahhaa you're so funny. Pussybow is... a good description, but I actually really like it in this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you write!

    omg I was howling Stranger Danger indeed lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so awesome! Always love reading your blog. Words can't describe how in love with that outfit I am right now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this skirt! I saw a mini version of it on ASOS a couple of months ago and thought it looked silly.. but this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love your fur here! Amazing!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. the skirt is amazing! love your outfit

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whatever, we all know that skirt is only made of awesomeness and the people staring were just in awe! haha

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhhhh, looking perfect!!
    & I love your blog!

    XO,
    Lucija
    WLL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! BEAUTIFUL OUTFIT:)

    MY ITALIAN BLOG (support me):
    http://acatwalk.blogspot.com/
    http://acatwalk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absoulutly love this outfit. I want that skirt so bad but they are sold out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wanted this skirt so badly Aqua by Aquan do some really amazing pieces! The orange red looks fantastic on you and even more amazing paired with that vintage fur. I need to get my hands on something like this ASAP!

    SOCIAL EMISSIONS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha that's awesome.

    http://www.menacherieblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh bless that young man's sweet soul, love his spirit. And your pussybow is just beautiful, I love this outfit!

    Alex xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a cool combination of stylish pieces - great look! I'm a new follower, hope you stop by my blog:)
    xoxo
    www.abitofsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the skirt and the pussybow - and that rather cheeky young man seems to quite like it too :)
    Gems x

    ReplyDelete
  24. lmfao stranger dangers! I freaking love that skirt, and this entire outfit!

    <3 Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh muggles, they just don't understand. Love love your coat.

    ReplyDelete
  26. nice outfit!! love your style :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. WELL you look stunning!!!!!! adore the skirt!!!! AND the flippin crazy cool jacket!!!!!!!!


    love K

    ReplyDelete
  28. that skirt is so flattering! love it :) worth all the awkward stares and strange conversations ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Really adore the bright red skirt with the structured detail, it pairs beautifully with the fur lined jacket. Loving your blog already, can't wait to see more posts from you!

    -your new follower

    ReplyDelete