March 15, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

Florals! Getting Real with Spring 2012's Funnest Fashion Trend

By now, you know that major prints = a major trend this season. If you didn't know... surprise! You need to be visiting here more often. Head-to-toe looks in fantastic colours and interesting silhouettes dominated the runways at Peter Pilotto, Marni, Erdem, Carven, and much, much more.

Total Print on the Runway






image via asos.com

As an aficionado of such things, naturally, all of this crazy, colourful, goodness makes my heart swell exponentially to the power of Grinch. With February's Fashion Week in New York being the time to take Spring trends out for a spin, what better opportunity to bring this runway look into real life?

Getting Real with Prints




pantsuit: ASOS Collection, tee: something I shoudn't be wearing in public because I've slept in it many times before, shoes: Jeffrey Campbell, sunnies: Super Sunglasses


bag: Rebecca Minkoff



I must say, I thought my red floor-length invitation-for-social-discomfort was my favourite outfit from Fashion Week, but I've changed my tune and am claiming this the one. It's a black and neon floral pantsuit. I die? No. I live for this shit.



Hilary Clinton would be so proud.


***

23 comments:

  1. I love the outfit on you! I don't know if I'd be brave enough to pull it off but I may have to try...
    Best,
    www.abitofsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this suit! Isn't it perfect!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rocking it!!! Love your look :)! You are inspiring me to floral up my outfits. XX
    Celina
    www.StyleByCelina.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a recent convert to this trend. And now I am basically obsessed! The suit looks amaze! I've also been really into mixing and matching different prints. xx
    http://unefrancofille.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wicked picture! The suit looks amazing, you can really pull it off! :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only you could make a floral suit look so bad-ass! I could do the jacket, but those pants take balls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool suit!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely (:

    www.jessicajersey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so so so fabulous!

    Www.ohsochicly.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Nicki...... you are a women of my own heart with this bold flower pantsuit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The suit looks great! Loving this trend at the moment, I really want a floral short suit for the summer :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So excited about this trend! I have always loved bold prints!

    Lindsey Turner
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely adore your outfit: just on trend and also special. I looove it;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look awesome! Great style girl.

    Xox Soph

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Niki! Hello from your Vancouver blogger! Love this outfit on you!

    xo Jo

    http://whiterosesandcoffee.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  16. GAH! I love this!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this suit on you, amazing!!!! I love your style and blog. Seeing other Canadian bloggers strut their stuff is awesome!!!
    Now following you, follow back?

    xoxo
    annpaige
    http://annpaigefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely outfit!

    chocodiamonds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete