February 22, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

A Haute Mess does NYFW: Day 1

If you've ever wondered how to dress as though your grandma's couch and/or curtains vomited all over you, this is your lucky day! Here's how:


blouse: Zara, shorts: Zara, shoes: Jeffrey Campbell


sunnies: Super Sunglasses, necklace: Erin's, bag: Rebecca Minkoff. Image via Shopbop.

As a shorts, skirt, and pantsuit aficionado, I decided that my style this Spring is going to be heavily inspired by Hilary Clinton... if she were to take hallucinogens and thus go a little print-happy. Have I succeeded? This was only Day One of Fashion Week in New York. Stay tuned for more, and you'll see.

ps. This old lady and her repurposed couch were also spotted in Seventeen (wearing a coat by Motel). What's more embarrassing than telling a teen mag that you're, uh, a few years over seventeen? No punchline, I seriously don't know.

***

12 comments:

  1. Niki, your posts make my day! You totally pull off an all-print look, fo sho. Can't wait to see the rest of your outfits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Your roots even look good...which ultimately makes me look good because I haven't been able to see our friend Calvyn Cass for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blouse and shorts put together! The shoes go so well with the rest of the ensemble. Royal blue seems to be a trending color. I also really like your bag. You look beautiful as always! I love your blog!


    Check out my New York Fashion Week pictures!
    theTrendyDwarf

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo Sound of Music of you!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's true. This is a question that has often crossed my mind;-) Looks like a great time! Contrary to popular belief, New York, not Disneyland is the happiest place on earth! Enjoy.

    Jen
    http://www.prairiegirlinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only you can pull off this colorful look! So chic & playful.

    Tiffany
    http://shoeschampagne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. If Hillary Clinton saw this, she would be telling Michelle Obama to drop the JCrew and un-upholster the couches in the white house, or grab the curtains from the oval office so they could DIY this look.

    The first thing I though of when I saw this was "I need those shoes." Too bad you're the only one that can pull this off.

    xxoo
    pamela
    www.pamelamarrie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm seriously in love with this outfit, it's so perfect. The RM bag is amazing!

    Alex xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOU look gorgeous Niki! Hope next year, I'll meet you at NYFW (couldn't fly over to USA this year as I just had a baby HAHA very fashionable reason)

    Have a great day!!!
    xx
    CrashingRED

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2nd one snap should be at first as post cover. nice matching, beautiful style and coloring and cute lady. Nice post. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am loving the bright neon colors put within the floral prints :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the floral neon! X

    Cleo Kim
    www.frillsmagazine.com

    ReplyDelete