December 29, 2011

Pin It

Widgets

Runway to Real Life: New Year's Eve Beauty Inspiration

New Year's Eve. It's expensive, anti-climactic, and you spend much of the night freezing cold and muttering profanities while waiting for a cab. Nevertheless, it's still special. Not only is this rebirth of the annum representative of our own new beginnings and resolutions for the future, but it's one of those rare occasions when us non-red-carpet-frequenting folk get to inject a little glamour into our lives. Thus, you find the perfect dress, the perfect pair of heels to pair with your perfect dress, and you plan your accessories accordingly. You're destined to look amazing on the eve of the New Year, but the pressure is on to make your face match the rest of you. Not that you're not already beautiful -- you all are: inside, outside and inside out -- but you want to amp up the wow! factor in that beauty regime of yours. Therefore, I have put together a few of my favourite looks from runways past, present and (seasonal) future to inspire your New Year's Eve face.

Dominatrix hair meets Crazy Grandma blush with this look, and I think it's the perfect complement to a highly embellished, backless or shoulder-detailed dress.


Marc Jacobs, Fall 2011


It may be how Kim Kardashian or a racoon look everyday, but for us humans, it makes a statement and our peepers pop.


Chanel, Pre-Fall 2012


I call this Ice Cream Face and it's my favourite look by far, and not just because it reminds me of my favourite food. Blue-eyed beauties, you were born for tangerine shadow. Trust.


Donna Karan, Fall 2011


So you want to do something a little bit different but not as cray as the Donna Karan ice cream face above? Do this. Brown, green, or hazel-eyed girls: this one's for you.


Jil Sander, Fall 2011


Monochromatic Make-Up in Rouge: Is it your make-up or have you been drinking? No one will tell. Beauty and practicality, folks.


Anna Sui, Spring 2012


Hollywood-hair and heavy lashes. For the girl who wants to grab somebody sexy and tell them "hey".


Dolce & Gabbana, Fall 2011


Old-Hollywood glamour with a modern twist that screams "I'm a pretty freaking fancy lady!" -- but in a much classier way, of course.


Christian Dior, Spring 2012

If none of these work for you, let's just pretend this never happened -- you'll look a haute mess anyway, and I mean that in the most complimentary sense, of course. Happy New Year!

All photos from Style.com
***
TWITTER | FACEBOOK | TUMBLR | BLOGLOVIN

15 comments:

  1. Love that Christian Dior look. The Chanel makeup was insane for Pre-Fall. Did you see the backstage photos of all the models on the Coveteur? You have to check it out! Love the name of your blog :) FOllowing now!

    happy new year!
    Caitlin
    www.my-grandmothers-gucci.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I like the Kim Kardashian, Jersey Shore, Raccoon eye. That's my go-to, although I need to perfect it. I'll add a little bit of gold sparkle to it to welcome 2012. - Carla

    www.hautecocktail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my opinion the ultimate NYE makeup and hair look would be at Dolce and Gabbana - supermodel status. Happy New Year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing a heavy smokey eye for sure. Happy New Year to you as well!!

    Tiffany
    http://shoeschampagne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Niki your comment made my morning! I know right? I think I'm the laziest blogger Vancouver's ever had to offer! Speaking of black... I think Ima try to rock the KimK/Racoon eye for nye ;) Happy New Year!!!! I hope you have yourself a fab night! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Domiatrix hair meets Crazy Grandma blush is a sure fire winner. Have a very Happy New Year, hope you are doing something wonderful!

    http://ivefallenoutwithmyjeans.blogspot.com/2011/12/out-with-old-in-with-deja-vu.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you a happy new year and keep walking with this blog !

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha I have the exact products used in the Jil Sander look but I haven't touched them in a while. It's like I keep forgetting I have turquoise eyeliner and reaching for the plain black one instead. Thanks for the reminder. :)

    Happy New Year, Niki!

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy new year excellent blog keep walking!

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. love that last one. very new years eve. cant wait to try it. I love your blog

    http://mantemariam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh thank you for the inspiration!
    lovely! :D
    you have a great blog!!
    AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    http://spliffedcookies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the last one!!! I'll try it!!

    Happy new year!!!

    http://clothes-and-fairytales.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite is by far the last one! So glamorous in a simple way!

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year! Love wearing crazy grandma blush, they should make one and name it that, I would buy it :-) Sometimes I wear the horizontal stripey blush, à la Eighties, just to get pitying looks from random women : ) Haha...

    http://www.cakesandshakes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is it wrong that the Jil Sander look is my Saturday afternoon shopping go-to? xoMB

    ReplyDelete