October 17, 2011

Pin It

Widgets

love: t by alexander wang velvet maxi dress

If you follow me on Twitter or creep me on Facebook (you don't? This is awkward. Please do.) you already know that I love this velvet maxi dress from T by Alexander Wang. I'm typically not attracted to velvet pieces -- I blame this on my past as a figure skater (have you ever seen a giraffe on skates?) because I used to have to wear a lot of velvet costumery thus the development of my distaste for the fabric.

This dress is different. Only my homeboy Alexander Wang could Dr. Phil me into getting over my fabric issues. It's so versatile: there are countless ways that I would wear it during the day or for nighttime activities, over turtlenecks or under chunky sweaters and fun jackets. Yes, I just said "fun jackets". See below.


dress: T by Alexander Wang, sweater: Vince, necklace: DANNIJO, sunglasses: House of Harlow, bag: Proenza Schouler, boots: Sam Edelman


dress: T by Alexander Wang, jacket: Antik Batik, necklace: Kenneth Jay Lane, belt: Madewell, clutch: ASOS, shoes: ASOS

You like? The sleeveless Panne Velvet Long Dress from T by Alexander Wang retails for $335 USD and is available at Shopbop and the cap-sleeved version is available at Neiman Marcus for $350.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, these dresses are stunning! I absolutely love the simplicity of the cut...perfect for the shiny velvet.
    I remember back in 6th grade making my mom sew me some velvet t-shirts (with the faux turtle neck)...they were horrible...although I thought they were fantastic...everytime I see velvet I think of them. Thank goodness there are desiginers out there that actually know what they're doing when it comes to making velvet fabulous!!

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lusting after the bag & sunnies in the first set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahahahahahaha I LOL'd so hard when I saw the figure skating comment...EVERY time I see velvet, I think the same thing due to my own skating past. I'm still not convinced velvet belongs anywhere but on the ice, but I'm one step closer to accepting it as real-world fabric thanks to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dying for winter to come 'cause I'm craving velvet so much! I love it! that clutch on the night look is amazing! I'm gonna make myself one!

    ReplyDelete