May 19, 2011

Pin It

Widgets

a week in twitpics: feeling sartorially unenthusiastic

I've been feeling a little sartorially unenthusiastic lately. I'd tell you that it's because the weather-has-been-so-inconsistent this and we're-still-stuck-between-seasons that, but I'm a terrible liar and you deserve better. To be honest, I blame my lazy steeze on working from home, which I have been doing a lot of over the past couple of weeks. Some people work from home in style. I am not one of these people. My usual "home office" uniform consists of a red fleece bathrobe and grey sweatpants. Colour blocking, duhhh.

I digress. I managed to snap a few pictures on my way out the door this past week for another edition of A Week in Twitpics:


Wearing jeans. Weird, right? At least they're boyfriend jeans, aka Prologue: Harem Pants.


top: Forever 21, jeans: Current/Elliott, shoes: Ash, clutch: Sienna Ray


Trousers, a blouse and a basic black peep-toe. I'm a big girl now!*
*Make a fat joke and you're dead.


top: H&M, pants: Wilfred, shoes: Christian Louboutin


I received a major stink-eye in this outfit. From a girl wearing yoga pants tucked into Uggs.
#WelcomeToVancouver


dress: Banana Republic, blazer: H&M, bag: Forever 21, necklaces: vintage & BCBG Max Azria


Bonus Picture!
And I thought Roberto Luongo was Jesus.



Go Canucks!


Pee Ess: HAVE YOU ENTERED THE STELLA & DOT GIVEAWAY? -- Kanye West

Pee Pee Ess: You can enter my Stella & Dot Giveaway HERE. Entering is very simple -- just a comment! -- and you could win a beautiful Medina Bib necklace valued at $98, courtesy of Stella & Dot.

What are you waiting for? Go! Go! Go! ENTREZ-VOUS!

17 comments:

  1. I can't decide if I like more the first or the second look.. both are great and you look lovely!:) I like so much maxi dresses and the one you have looks great.

    www.diary-of-mia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 2nd and 3rd look! I love your shoe collection! :)
    chocolate-closet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the maxi dress outfit - there are no words for girls who wear workout gear outside of the gym.... tucked in to uggs no less!

    x The Pretty Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wearing dramatically different colored sweats and grimy t-shirts while I work from home isn't considered color blocking? Crap, then I am way further behind on the trends than I thought. Also, I can't believe you got the stink from someone wearing yoga pants tucked into Uggs.

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I love your ash boots as much as you do. Love the dress blazer combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE that last outfit. maybe that stink eye girl was giving herself the look, but you couldn't tell bc it's the stink eye and its usually kinda hard to tell where it's being directed. that's what i tell myself anyway...

    p.s. want your Loub's and those current/elliot jeans. gahh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha love the t-shirt!

    http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stink eye was probs just because she was jealous that she couldn't pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the floral maxi dress!

    As for the stink eye girl , go ahead and dress like you don't give a sh*t about fashion, but don't be jealous of the people who do!

    gettingallready.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Weird, why would she give you stink eye?! Maybe she was uncomfortable from having sweaty feet in her Uggs.

    That Luuu shirt is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The shoes really make the first outfit. Your last one with the skirt and blazer reminds me of something Lauren Conrad would wear. Very The Hills minus the drama + the JESUS, lol!

    Tallulah Doll
    www.tallulahdoll.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    what an amazing blog.... ;)
    if you want we could follow each other...
    let me know....

    what do you think about my post "VERYSIMPLE"?
    xoxo2befab

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all of the outfits especially the boyfriend jeans and ash heels me likey!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The girl who gave you stinkeye clearly did it because she is stuck in the early 2000's when Uggs and trackpants were (unattractively) prevalent and clearly needs to brush up on her fashion knowledge/trends.
    You should carry business cards and should have made a point to hand her one with the link to your blog on it. "Style advice", smile, and walk away.

    XO Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  15. was the stink eye girl with her equally as lame and fashion challenged male half who was probably wearing EdTardyetc???

    The maxi dress is amazing... hope you gave a major stink eye right back at her skanky butt!

    ReplyDelete