May 31, 2011

Pin It

Widgets

julian louie and more clothes that look like pajamas

Like the last, This week's edition of clothes that look like pajamas (but aren't) also includes a little lesson in dressin' (but for real: not "wear shoes" and "cover your TNAs"). Today's tip is about mixing patterns and prints.

Since I dressed like a prehistoric cartoon character and posted these iPhone pictures, a lot of people have been asking me about mixing prints. The above examples are a whole lot of look -- so today I present you with something a little less aggressive, which is also the aforementioned Tip.


turband: DIY, sweater: Forever 21, shorts: Barefoot Contessa, shoes: Julian Louie x Aldo

You don't have to be aggressive, be, be, aggressive, when mixing prints. A printed accessory, or two or few, will do!


These shoes also tell a tall tale of mixing prints and methinks Julian Louie was drinking some awesomesauce when he designed them for Aldo. Three different ikat prints -- a Pride? Get it? Pride of lions --> pack of cats --> 3 ikats? Don't worry, I hate me too -- in one, glorious 5-inch-heeled package.





Back to clothes that look like pajamas.
This summer, say NO to pit stains with dolman sleeves!


That is all. Good day, friends.

23 comments:

  1. It looks great, love it!

    http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. cutest shorts! lovely photos girl.


    blog
    twitter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha The shorts are cute and yes no to pit stains indeed : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips...and the last one is pretty genius.

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look lovely :)

    Kiss from portugal,
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHA love the pride - pack of lions - 3 ikats phrase there :P you are too funny. those shoes are wicked awesome btw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. damn those are some kinda hot sauce shoes. love.

    i'm super jealous you are so good with the whole DIY turban thing. I'm utterly useless when it comes to things like that.

    the best part about this post? "say No to pit stains with dolman sleeves". thanks for making me smile this morning!

    btw - enter my first jewelry giveaway!! check it out http://abeautifullife.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahahaha. Loving this series. Looks so comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cute turban and I'm totally dying over your shoes =]

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOve the whole outfit and I was right they are the new Aldo wedges! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those shoes are super cute. I wouldnt expect such funky shoes from Aldo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot believe those shoes are from Adlo! I love the print and shape.

    x The Pretty Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  14. :) what a beautiful view and great shorts!
    I love the way you did your hair with that "headband" :).

    www.ethnicspring.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore your sweater!

    Loves,
    Rowan

    www.redreidinghood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Julian Louie for Aldo...pure love!

    xo ShoeTease

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow love this motif! Great look! i am following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hahah awesome. LOVE those shoes.. very unique. where in canada are you from? xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the entire outfit! comfy and stylish are a hard combonation to find! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I seriously regret not buying those shoes when I tried them on... I went with another pair, I don't regret the ones I bought... I regret not buying BOTH. Sigh.

    You look great in the turban by the way! Love it.

    ReplyDelete