April 11, 2011

Pin It

Widgets

a haute mess x jnby

If you don't know JNBY, let me briefly introduce you. It's a line based in Hangzhou, China, and both its men's and women's collections are making huge waves in the North American contemporary fashion market. JNBY is about an individual's interpretation of trends and design as it relates to today's modern lifestyle -- hence the acronym, Just Naturally Be Yourself.

A few weeks ago I was invited down to JNBY to preview the company's Spring/Summer collection. With many thanks to the kind folks at JNBY (especially the very wonderful Rafaelle!) I did not leave empty handed. And just naturally being myself, I went home with drop crotch pants and a sweater so "holy" Jesus is jealous. HA.


Wearing a JNBY sweater and pants, Ash booties and a vintage necklace.




The mean streets of Vancouver.

JNBY has various retail locations in Vancouver (my favourite is the one on West 4th), a location in Soho on Greene St. and is also available online at Shopbop.

photos by Ted Brookes.

22 comments:

  1. great outfit! you look beautiful!
    sienastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm liking your hearm pants.. takes a girl with style to wear them;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit - especially the necklace and sweatshirt! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this set. you look great and those shoes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit! I love those drop crotch pants!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Usually I'm not one for drop crotch pants but the tailoring on those is so precise...I think I'm converted!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit. I love that sweater. I'll have to check JNBY out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sense of style you have, girl! every piece is interesting but creates a casual feel.
    Hugs and kisses from Australia:)
    Marusya V
    http://crashingred.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are rockin this outfit, I am in lust lol. I love how you styled this look with the perfect shoes - no accesories needed.

    Come check out my new post

    http://blog.cinderellasclosetnyc.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. love love love the shoes! Beautiful :)

    mae-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of the pieces you picked suit you to a tee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok first of all it is my first time on your blog-how the hell did I miss it before? Second of all- you could be the ONLY one that can actually pull off harem pants. I just adore them in this outfit!
    xo Lynzy
    http://sparklingfootsteps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that last photo, you are totally rocking it! Haha. Those drop crotch pants suit it well!


    Jacquelyn
    www.styleworthwhile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post, Niki. haha I especially love the last photo of you ready to take on that ninja. Oh, and the outfit is pretty rad too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the last pic of this post! It's really artistic. Your outfit is awsome btw; lovin' those pants! =)

    <3 L
    Pose+Poise

    ReplyDelete
  16. loooove the shoes! and great look anyway.

    visit my blog & follow me back:
    http://fashion-mlleb.blogspot.com

    xoxo
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the shoes! I got a pair of like those at last year's Army & Navy annual shoe sale - u have a talent for picking 1 off pieces. Will u be at the sale on April 27? http://on.fb.me/armynavy

    ReplyDelete
  18. great outfit, love JNBY. Also a fellow blogger from Vancouver this is the first time I have come across your blog, its awesome!
    Natasha James
    www.billyjamesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete