April 5, 2011

Pin It

Widgets

currently loving: cut-out shoulders...

...aka how to show a bit of skin and still cover up the fattest part of your arm (you know it's true). However, besides being a flattering detail, the cut-out shoulder is also a fun way to liven up a basic tee or dress. Below are some of my favourite cut-out shoulder picks-slash-current residents on my online wishlists.


under.ligne by doo.ri at Shopbop.com


Urban Renewal at Urban Outfitters


Tara Top by GUESS


Something Else by Natalie Wood at Nasty Gal


T-Bags at Shopbop.com


Joie at Shopbop.com


Cut 25 at Shopbop.com

There you have it, folks! Put those shoulder pads away until next Fall and show some skin come Spring. It being April, I'm assuming many of you are already there. What's with Canada, eh?

Anyway. Speaking of Spring, Canada and fun, if you're in Vancouver tomorrow, I would love to see you at GUESS on Robson to help me and my fellow bloggerinas ring in the new fashion season. See here for details and don't forget to e-mail in your RSVP!

7 comments:

  1. i love these picks. especially the floral dress by joie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats such a cute floral dress!
    p.s. i'm soo excited to meet on tomorrow night at the Guess party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this trend. The T-Bags from ShopBop is cuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I really was not sure what I thought of this trend until right now! I think your right, it covers the worst part of your arm while still being feminine but chic all at the same time!

    LOVE IT!
    xx Erica

    www.ericawark.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is also an obsession of mine (and pretty much everyone else). I once did a DIY project on adding keyhole slits to sleeves (http://required2beinspired.blogspot.com/2010/07/keyhole-sleeve-diy.html), but that was because there weren't so many options in stores at the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love the cutout trendy thing going on!! I live in Cape town and saw a silk blouse on sale with cutout shoulders the other day, you have just confirmed a purchase from them!!

    delicious blog by the way ;-) thanks

    dontyatellhenry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yip I love this trend! I live in South Africa and just last week was eye balling a black silk blouse with cut out shoulder slit thingy's, haha you have just sealed them a purchase!!

    Love the blog by the way, right up my alley!!

    cheeaz!!
    http://dontyatellhenry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete