December 3, 2010

Pin It

Widgets

haute holiday dresses!

You know how Halloween is the one day a year when girls "are allowed" to dress like prostitutes? This is not something I support one bit, FYI, but the idea is sort of how I feel about Holiday parties and New Year's Eve, and instead of wearing the clothing equivalent of underwear I mean sequins. Hmm... I don't think that made sense outside my own head. Anyway. I've compiled a few little dresses that I think you will enjoy, dear readers and friends! See below. Happy Holiday Dress Shopping!


French Connection $198


H&M $46.99


Love at Topshop $64


Alice + Olivia $425


Topshop $60


French Connection $228


Rare Opulence at Topshop $230


Rebecca Taylor $495


H&M $46.99


Halston Heritage $295

Topshop Limited Edition $410

ps. In a few days time, a SHOP A Haute Mess will be home to a shopping guest post. My friend Ashley has cleaned out her closet and is selling never or barely worn Herve Leger, Betsey Johnson, tons of Halston Heritage and more! Connect with her on Twitter @ashleysamaire if you'd like a sneak peek. Otherwise, stay tuned!

24 comments:

  1. Lve the RRebecca Taylor one, the Rare Opulence from Top and the sequin dress from French Connection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sequins and chiffon and velvet OH MY! I love them all, especially the little Alice & Olivia number. I crave a christmas party of at least some festive cocktails. Damn this snow! X

    ella-lapetiteanglaise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are all so beautiful! i am in love with sequins currently...i want them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the French Connection one and Rebecca Taylor. Soo pretty!

    http://daisylynns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. HH and Topshop! Love the one shoulders.

    The Topshop dress reminds me of a dress that Christopher Kane designed for them last year.

    P.S. ILY! You're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them all! And yes, I totally see what you were trying to get at lol, it's the one time of year that you can look like a total disco ball and it's okay.

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in absolute HEART with the first French Connection dress!

    -Danielle
    www.deathbyshoe.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. No no, it totally makes sense. Christmas and New Year's Eve are the only times when all-over sequins are encouraged, and you don't have to be a Vegas showgirl or some seedy lounge singer to wear them. :P That being said, wearing all-over sequins STILL makes me feel a bit seedy and gaudy. I think I'll stick to a really sparkly necklace or something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I love the gray Rebecca Taylor dress! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your selection you've posted! Hmm...can't choose one favourite so I'll list 'em all: ALL of the Topshop dresses and the Halston one as well. :)

    http://www.maritimeshopaholic.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ladies, just a heads up for anyone who is in love with the French Connection dresses: I just visited their Canadian website, and until Dec 5 (aka this Sunday) you get 25% off regular price items and 10% off sale items from their holiday collection. Maybe now's the time to pick up those beautiful dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wooohooo! thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love the gold H&M number!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want them all! I am so ready for New Years EVE!!

    TAPS xxo
    CESTDEMODE.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm opting for the two french connection dresses. Maybe more the green sequins! Loving your blog!

    if you have time check-out my giveaway @ chocolate-closet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are super cute, I love the holidays (and excuses to buy new dresses)!

    ReplyDelete
  17. the topshop dresses are to die for! Some lovely collections and am excited to see the shopblogs new editions!

    xoxo

    missmollyfashions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the fifth dress is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The first one is my fav!!
    Perfect for hollidays
    xoxo, Angie
    styleninfa.blogspot.com

    would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh! Very nice concept ! :)
    If you want fallow me : http://puniella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. That teal sequin dress is to die for!! I think I found my New Years' Dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. im in love with the halston heritage dress. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete