November 19, 2010

Pin It

Widgets

i love goooooooold!

But really. Besides that Balmain dress that I and what seems like everyone else are obsessed with, my love for all things gold is seriously getting out of control. I dream about the Derek Lam Regine booties and my search for the perfect little gold dress is plaguing my life (although I love the two below, one is out of my current budget and the other is sold out in my size). If you're experiencing the same metallic mania as I am, I have found some gorgeous gold gems I think you will enjoy:


Antiqued Gold Sequin Jacket from Calico


Diane von Furstenberg "Little M" Gold Tweed Jacket


Gorjana Metallic Hudson Quilted Cross Body Bag


Elizabeth & James New Sculptors Velvet Skirt


Alice + Olivia Luiza Embellished Jacket. I saw this jacket at Holt Renfrew the other day -- it's actually much more gold in person than it appears in the picture, and it's very, very badass.


House of Harlow Tribal Cuff


Derek Lam Regine Sequin Bootie


Elie Tahari Keaton Dress


Rebecca Minkoff Python Belle Bag (another one that is much more gold in person that pictured).


Torn by Ronny Kobo Bella Pleated Metallic Dress

If anyone has stumbled across a great gold dress or pair of gold ankle boots, please do let me know! What are your current out-of-control obsessions right now?

PS. A dash of shamless self-promotion: I was chosen by Define Magazine as their Follow Friday feature this week! To find out what I'll smack you for wearing or who my favourite people to follow on Twitter are, you can read the interview here. Aaaaand if you want to follow me on Twitter like the magazine suggests you do (wink!) you can do that here.
PPS. Have a great weekend friends!

Photos via Calico, Style.com and Shopbop.

14 comments:

  1. everything is gorgeous, but the two jackets are by far my favorites! As for gold ankle boots I wish I could help, but I haven't seen any that don't look utterly cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. gold is perfect for the holiday season, i love your article on it! i made a lil gold jacket once but thought it was too michael-jackson-ish... although after reading your post and seeing how popular it's becoming (especially with those cute jackets), perhaps i'll have to drag it out of my closet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is an Adam gold dress on Net-a-Porter that just kills me: http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/77209

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap, that last dress is so bad-ass I don't know what to say, except everyone had better watch out for the woman (not lady) who wears it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with the Torn by Ronny Kobo Bella Pleated Metallic Dress and the Rebecca Minkoff bag. I had never really enjoyed gold but in the last two years my love of it has begun to sneak up on me. I love love the cuff, as I fear most jewelry and the big chunky pieces make me most at ease.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am also obsessed with THAT Balmain dress, and I have to say the Ronny Kobo number has a similar trash fash appeal. Also loving all things gold at the moment (maybe it's the time of year?) and that Elizabeth & James skirt is divine, fluid and beautiful and looks rather like molten gold. X

    ella-lapetiteanglaise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That jacket by DvF is absolutely perfect. I love gold, but not anything too flashy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loooove everything, I'm a metallic-manic too! Especially that velvet skirt...way too gorgeous.

    Write now I'm obsessed with anything furry...shearling, faux, whatever. And anything in purple silk. It's a problem.

    Congrats on the FF feature, you totally deserve the recognition!

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous! i really love that gold skirt, looks like melt gold, so liquidy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your blog...been reading all the other posts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post I adore gold mainly accessories but these pictures show gold can look amaqzing no matter what it is ♥ x


    http://gingerecstasy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice interview! I love the dress in the last picture is so chic!

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fact: I need that Elizabeth & James skirt in my closet. How fun!

    ReplyDelete