November 26, 2010

Pin It

Widgets

BELLA-issima

A guest post by Judy Wu, a student at VCAD who for her writing class (taught by the fabulous Rebecca Tay, Western Editor of FASHION Magazine) had to pitch a local blogger a few ideas and contribute a post. Luckily for us, Judy chose A Haute Mess. Why? She told me that besides the fashion and style, what really sold her is my admitted love for Twilight and major fandemonium for the Canucks -- both of which she is a die-hard fan herself. So what sold Judy on me is what sold me on Judy -- a guest blog match made in heaven. So without further adieu, here's Judy:

As many of you know, Twilight fever has hit again, as the last instalment of the Twilight series is now being filmed. Without giving too much away, one of the most significant things that happens in the fourth book is Edward and Bella’s marriage, raising of course, many rumours about who will design the wedding dress. Bella’s style is casual and laidback. She’s usually in skinny jeans and a flannel shirt, but being that she’s marrying the most heavenly man/vampire on earth she has to look half decent next to him -- or at least, attempt to. In Breaking Dawn, her dress is described as an early 1900s design with modern tweaks to the train and veil. Here are eight different sketches, courtesy of InStyle, of what designers’ vision for Bella’s wedding dress.


Monique Lhuillier, Zac Posen


Erin Fetherston, Badgley Mischka


Max Azria, Prabal Gurung

Lela Rose, Christian Siriano

My favourite is the Lela Rose. The dress looks vintage-inspired and simple, made of what appears to be off-white lace. Not only would Bella would look timeless in it; she might be the one to actually sparkle. What do you think? Which is your favourite?

And let's hear it for Judy! Thanks so much for your guest post and best of luck in the class :)
ps. My favourite is also the dress sketched by Lela Rose. I can totally imagine myself -- I mean Bella -- wearing it down the aisle to Edward.

9 comments:

  1. soooo lovely :)))))

    xoxo
    minnja

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey
    thanks for the comment
    i love all these dresses
    my favourite is the Max Azria
    xoxo
    nana
    http://nanajonesofficial.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol lela rose's and monique lhuillier...!!

    hope you come visit me and follow my blog too if you liked it! thanks dear.

    Janelle
    http://barestudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could totally see Bella in the Lela Rose or the Monique Lhuillier. Something simple, romantic and vintage inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOH - I love the Lela Rose one, too. The only other one I can see her wearing would be the Erin Fetherston one.

    There's something so glamorous about a designer's sketch. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These illustrations are so gorgeous!
    Wow!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I love the Erin Fetherston

    Come by and enter my giveaway for some beautiful jewelry if you like:
    http://elizabethscake.blogspot.com/2010/11/artwark-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. These illustrations are amazing!!! I so wish I could draw!!

    That GOOD GOOD Blog

    ReplyDelete