August 24, 2010

Pin It

Widgets

quickie outfit post: oliver & lilly's 2 year anniversary party

The last time I wore this peachy vintage dress back in December, it looked like this:

But throw in some desperation for an outfit and a significant chop, and it's become a dress fit for a summer soiree -- which is why I wore it to Oliver & Lilly's (one of my favourite boutiques in the city) 2 year Anniversary Party a couple of weeks ago! Pictured below, with Carolina, Ace, Erin (who kindly contributed a guest post this month), Lisa and Nicole (who I sniped this picture from -- thanks Nicole!)

Wearing a vintage dress, Ash shoes, Motif 56 belt and a necklace from Forever 21.

My tip of the day? Shop your own closet -- it's a money saver to say the least and sometimes to find something new you need not look any further! A minor alteration can provide a major fix to an outfit dilemma.

*update! String Magazine kindly featured me as a best dressed from the evening. For a better outfit picture, visit their post here. Thanks String!

22 comments:

  1. Yay for shopping your own closet. People often ask me if I have tons of clothes... being a fashion blogger... but not. And I wouldn't like to. Creativity I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Niki! haha, it's a great photo but credit should go to Carolina since I got it from her haha. Thanks for the mention btw! I love that you shortened the hem on that dress to give it a new look. I've been having to shop my own closet since I started my shopping ban, but love that I'm able to re-discover things I forgot I had or renew my love for something I've hardly worn. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE what has been done to the dress!! Looks super awesome now :D

    www.breanneemma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your last outfit! It's stunning!

    follow me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouuu I love the winter and summer version of the dress :)
    Looking pretty as always lady!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so beautiful :) where are u from?? we are from Spain!! we like this blog:) Xoxo (L)
    http://thelostdiamonds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So it looks amazing both ways, although I prefer the second, although the shoes you wore with the dress the first time are just incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute those ash booties! I saw them on ASOS i think and they are amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  9. loving the revamped look of this dress :)

    www.missmollyfashions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that dress!!!

    http://makingfashionnotwar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute! i like it worn both ways ;)

    KeepItFvncy,
    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the shout-out! You looked so cute that night. It's hard to believe that the dress is vintage considering how on-trend it looks with the alteration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the dress, really great shoes too.

    www.beautifulstreets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you can make something old, new again! The shorter hemline looks great, and I love the braided belt. Looks like such a fun time!

    Xo Chelle
    discoveringelegance.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. GREAT closet shop! Such a versatile dress xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. everyone looks amazing :)

    jadepurplebrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute outfit! That dress looks great with those boots.

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this - your outfit is stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi! just found your blog and i love it! this outfit it way too cute. im in love with the colors and shoes. uh im in serious need of shopping my own closet.. im on a shopping ban- so sad.
    xx. alyssa

    http://macaroons-and-me.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm chopping up a maxi dress today! This confirms my suspicion that kit's for the best. I think chopping is always a great idea when you've got great legs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahhh I've been wanting those Jeffrey Campbell booties! They're so major. Lovely blog :)

    xo
    Taylor

    http://sometimeshavingitall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete