July 19, 2010

Pin It

Widgets

I would wear Givenchy Couture,

if I had a red carpet to dress for and a handy little black American Express to satisfy my expensive taste. I'm at a loss for words trying to describe Riccardo Tisci's latest couture collection for Givenchy -- it's simply stunning. Tisci's major inspirations were religion, sensuality and the human anatomy, with the skeleton as a key motif in this collection. According to Style.com, Tisci described it as a "romantic way to see death."




Be it death, anatomy, romanticism or religion, I like Riccardo Tisci's view of the world. I wonder if I would still be a haute mess in haute couture...

13 comments:

  1. givenchy was one of my FAVE couture collections this season. STUNNING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this collection as well!

    <3 Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm yes givenchy - think theres any way we could get our hands on a american express black card - for maybe just an hour? oh all the damage i would do...

    KeepItFvncy,
    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh those dresses are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Niki,

    My apologies for not responding. I just had a lot of issues going on and my blog was left off to the side. Anyway, I just got the SHARE button from this site called addthis and it tells you how to add it into each of your posts.

    Hope that helps and I look forward to hearing any good comments and criticisms on my blog. Any insight is amazing.

    Take care,

    Erica

    www.DownToMarsGirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would so so so wear it too!! this is insanely beautiful..can't even pick a favorite! great post!
    xxjess

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, that gold number in the last row is breathtaking...totally a red carpet cinderella moment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the collection :))

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. if i owned anything close to this, i would go out, bathe, eat and sleep in this. my eyes rolled over when i saw pictures of them during couture week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lace and gold sequins, 2 of my favorite elements :) I love Givenchy Couture, although I'm not feeling the lacy/transparent pants?
    xo

    ReplyDelete