May 11, 2010

Pin It

Widgets

Vancouver, BC: Home to Canada's Top Eco Designer, Nicole Bridger

As you may or may not know, I work in the wonderful world of fashion/beauty/lifestyle PR here in Vancouver. This week we found out that local designer and client extraordinaire Nicole Bridger was selected by Fashion Takes Action as Designer of the Year, receiving their inaugural Design Forward Award! Nicole was honored with the award for pioneering the eco-movement in Canada and for her socially conscious contemporary womenswear line.

I thought I would take this opportunity to share to the great news along with some of my favourite looks from her current collection:




The entire collection is made with fabrics from natural and renewable resources and even the buttons used throughout are sustainable (they’re made from coconut-like tagua nut shells). To shop online or find a store near you, please visit Nicole Bridger here.

Nicole will be participating in Nolcha Fashion Week this September in New York which along with the award will add to her already impressive resume that includes working with Vivienne Westwood in London.

Congratulations Nicole!

23 comments:

  1. love those cropped pants!! gorgeous stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God I love those last shorts/pants. The draping on all the pieces if beautiful. Well deserved, I'd say

    flnw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. drape, Drape, DRAPE's so well....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey cool blog!
    Please visit my blog and tell me what you think about. I hope you'll be one of my followers.

    Bye LB

    http://lucabelotti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so glad when I heard this. Nicole Bridger is so sweet and down-to-earth. She is so talented and genuinely loves what she does. A lot of aspiring designers think draping is easy but it's extremely difficult and takes a remarkable skill - as it shows in Nicole's work.

    I love her current collection too (and the upcoming one)!

    Great work by Vanguard PR as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blue dress and skirt (and the shoes!)!

    Violet
    http://www.violetrevolt.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite piece is the first gray dress! xo, mel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blog! I think I love all the piece you've shown here, so casual yet dressy =)

    mystique-glamour

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this collection. She managed to do wearable and interesting well. I hope more Vancouver designers see that this balance is doable + the fact that it is eco is an added bonus! I am really loving the colour palette too.

    Annching

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the blue skirt. I'm in love with this.

    xx fesi-fashion

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks like a great designer, i love the cardigan with the batwing, super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to live in that first dress. Everything looks SO comfy, yet it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great eco line! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. looove the blog! :)


    [fashionislove12.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete
  15. I luv everything! Have a lovely wknd! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful collection.


    www.estanochesoyunaprincesa.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hay dear blogger!
    How are you? I'm glad that I've visited this blog! He's lovely.

    Please, check mine too & maybe we can follow eachother!
    Love, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. they look like pieces I could live forever in, so comfortable, yet stylish, I love it! (and a local designer is always wonderful!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the first pic!!!!

    Have a wonderful day!

    A kiss from ITALY!!

    ❤Irene's Closet❤
    http://ireneccloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete