January 25, 2010

Pin It

Widgets

Haiti, Vancouver 2010 and Cuba?

What do they all have in common? Meeeee! Almost.

1. To all Vancouverites, have you bought your ticket to the Hope in Haiti fundraiser taking place this Wednesday at Barcelona? If not, stop reading this and go do it! It's going to be fun, there's good music and an awesome auction, including a pair of shoes donated by yours truly. But most importantly it will be a good time for a great cause.

Still not convinced? Before I e-slap you let me ask, what would George Clooney do?
Exactly. See you there!

2. The Olympics are here in 17 days! Vancouver can you believe it? World, are you excited? I'm really looking forward to meeting new and interesting people here for the Games and seeing our city transformed into an Olympic Wonderland. What I'm most looking forward to is the exciting news... I'm going to be covering exclusive events and parties during the Olympics for Aritzia! I can't share more than that for now but definitely will as soon as possible.

The 2010 Olympic rings in Vancouver

3. On a completely non-fashion related note... I'm going to Cuba! Sort of. But most likely. I'm hoping that by posting this online I will make it official, kind of like a Facebook relationship status. Ha. A couple of my friends and I are looking into taking off to Varadero for a week, so if anyone has any tips or good advice to share, I'd love to hear it.

A Haute Mess in Cuba?

ps. tweet with me on Twitter or join me on Facebook!

25 comments:

  1. Hi. I am visiting from God's Favorite Shoes this morning. Hope you have a wonderful time in Cuba! That is so exciting! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for the Olympics to be coming to Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to see the winter olympics... that image is so fab. You are so lucky to be able to attend some very important functions. Do post about them soon.

    And Cuba? That's a new travel destination. I've heard it's a good place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I hope to make it Vancouver at some point!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok 2 points. 1) I love the Olympics! Maybe i'm a little ethnocentric being Greek and all. Vancouver is beautiful so, ya'll will be a great host. 2) CUBA! yummy pork (if you eat meat) and coffee. i don't smoke cigars so no suggestions there, my Dad and BF like Cohiba's. Shopping for cute jewelry is fun in the markets (got some great finds before) and the beaches were just ok... hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Nice!

    http://shegoesthrifting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post!
    xoxo
    Irene's Closet

    http://ireneccloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow!!!! congrats about the aritzia thing!!!! that's awesome!

    and cuba!!! YAYYYYYYYYYY VACATION!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you get to go to Cuba!! Sounds fun! -Natalya of Wear Necessities

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow!!!! phenomenal events lined up for you, i see!!!
    goodluck with all of that! i wish you well in your trip! :D

    and im looking forward to your olympic coverage!! that's exciting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. haiti is such a great cause!

    and i cant waiiit for the olypics!what a great plae to have them at!

    sincerely, the fashionista from
    thesilentswagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. jealous! cuba sounds so amazing right about now! :) lucky girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. so jelous! my brother is flying all the way up for the olympics but I'll have to watch on tv :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha... love that last collage! Never been to Cuba but always wanted to go! Great new header by the way! Can't wait to see the Winter Olympics coverage!

    ReplyDelete
  15. can't wait for olympics! wow girl, you get to cover it? way to go!!!!

    xx,
    betz
    http://herarmoire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, very cool. that is so exeting

    ReplyDelete
  17. My friend and I are thinking of visit Vancouver during Olympic but opening ceremony ticket is somewhere around $1200 each. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what an amazing time to be in Vancouver-that is so fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. haha, what a great picture! Hope you make it to Cuba and get out of this freezing weather.

    ps, I have a giveaway on my blog open to Canadian and US residents, so come and check it out!

    -Marz

    ReplyDelete
  20. Youa re going to have so much fun: Olympics and Cuba? What a good way to start a decade!! Haiti is in our hearts. I see you have a bar called Barcelona... Funny!

    xoxo
    B* a la Moda

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's great to see you supporting such a worthwhile cause:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. hahahha. love your cuba pic. who needs to go when you have proof with amazing pictures like that? looks like another hauttie might be joining you. or cabo? decisions... decisions!

    www.thehautebitch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete