December 7, 2009

Pin It

Widgets

This weekend,

I had the pleasure of seeing Sam Bradley and Justin Nozuka play at The Commodore, one of my favourite venues for live music in Vancouver. My pictures are kind of terrible if you don't like blurry photos with the only crisp image being the back of a stranger's head. I'll post a couple anyway.

Sam Bradley was unreal; his music is a perfect mesh of soul, folk and rock. I hadn't heard much of it until the show but a few songs into his set I became the biggest fan ever. Check out his MySpace HERE.

Justin Nozuka, if you haven't heard him before, is described as a mix of soul, acoustic and alternative. I personally recommend his album, Holly, as I've had it on repeat in my car for weeks. Check out his MySpace HERE. Below, one of my favourite songs from Holly, "After Tonight". Enjoy!

video

Justin Nozuka - "After Tonight"

14 comments:

  1. I've been really liking venues like Commodore and Biltmore to listen to good music. I like the closeknit groove funky vibes in these places. Went to U2 and No Doubt this year...as fun as they were I found myself missing the intimacy of a small venue without all the multimillion dollar effects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe he's cute, but I'm more a fan of his brother George Nozuka ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've never been to a show at the commodore, but i've heard that i HAVE to go. hahaha. i haven't heard of sam bradley, but i've heard of justin nozuka, but i totally forgot about him until now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i haven't heard of sam bradley and i'm glad you've posted this - his style is really nice! ... justin nozuka on the other hand is an obsession. he is so soulful! PLUS he's kevin bacon's nephew (how cool is that?)

    xo.
    princesspolitico

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I luv Justin Nozuka but I haven't heard of Sam Bradley, thanks for introducing him!:))
    p.s. I luv the photos!:))
    xoxox,
    Gerri

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Justin Nozuka!! :) His voice is soooo lovely. I'm jealous!

    -xtina

    ReplyDelete
  8. weoah looks like you had heaps of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a blast! Ahhhhh, I haven't seen a show in forever. The hubs and I used to hit up little local venues practically every weekend. The joys of parenthood. Ah ha. Although, the dude does have a lovely melody filled cry. Ah ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty cool. I don't think I've heard Sam Bradley before. I kind of dig it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for Sam Bradley! It'd be better if he brought Robert Pattinson with him though!

    P.S: I'm loving the new template.

    Lianna
    www.thesavvyfrugalista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete