December 29, 2009

Pin It

Widgets

Best Beauty Buys of '09

... in my humble opinion.

1. CoverGirl Lash Blast Mascara: Under $10 and works just as well (if not better) than anything bought at a designer make-up counter or Sephora.
2. OPI "You Don't Know Jacques": My favourite nail colour. It dominated my fingertips for Fall and Winter and will do the same come Spring. It's also now available in the OPI Matte collection.
3. MAC Eyeshadow in "All That Glitters": a pinkish gold, can be worn day and night and works with all skin tones and eye colours.
4. Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner: MAC eyeliner always gets the best reviews but I find that it smudges too easily which results in major racoon eyes. Maybelline Unstoppable is just as smooth, stays put and is half the price.
5. Laura Mercier lip stain in "Sugar Violet": perfect for berry coloured lips in a formula that lasts.
6. Bumble & Bumble Deep Conditioner: "for the chemically dependent or seriously parched (colour junkies, styling abusers or sun worshippers): a protein masque to revive lifeless locks".
7. Bare Escentuals bareMinerals make-up: Yes, it actually is just as good as everyone says it is.

8. Tarte Mineral Powder Bronzer: chemical free, has a light finish and lasts for a long time (both on your face and in your make-up bag). I also like how it doesn't have any shimmer in it.
9. Dior Diorshow Iconic: The best mascara ever. It's a bit pricey so I don't buy it every time I need mascara (See #1), but I promise if you splurge on it you will be 100% satisfied with your purchase.
10. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer: Just like bareMinerals, it's just as good as everyone says it is.
11. Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush: Perfect for blush rookies like myself. Easy to apply and wipe off if you put on too much.
12. OSiS Upload Style Volume Cream: It's nearly impossible to give my straight hair any volume, but this cream is the best product I've tried by far.
13. Benefit Erase Paste Concealer: Literally erases sleepless nights.
14. MAC lipstick in "Girl About Town": MAC lipstick in general is the best you can buy (in my lipstick rookie opinion) because it goes on smoothly, the colour lasts and it doesn't smudge. Girl About Town is my favourite colour because it's an outrageous pink with just enough shock value to stand out against all those trying the red lip trend.

33 comments:

  1. Great list!

    Bare Minerals foundation changed my life. For real. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that "Girl About Town" lipstick color! I have yet to try Mac, but I may need to soon!

    http://www.invasionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I love Diorshow mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks for Best Beauty Buys! I def have to agree about OPI's "You Don't Know Jacques" and MAC's "All That Glitters" (love that colour!), and Benefit's Erase Paste! (that thing is a God send). The Bumble and Bumble conditioner sounds tempting so I'll have to try it next time. Love the colour of "Girl About Town", I have a random Korean lipstick in a very similar colour and like it better than red. But then again, I don't think I can pull off the red lip look any way haha.

    I know being forced to go on a shopping ban mustn't be easy or fun, but you'll get through it! I find it gets easier as time goes by :) Hang in there Niki!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like someone has been using their new photoshop??

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the Lash Blast mascara & I don't go A DAY without my MAC eyeshadow on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I will have to try out that eyeliner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. perfect list! lashblash was my favorite this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cool list! i love mac shadow in general, and that lipstick looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm gonna have to try that mac lipstick. i've been on the hunt for a good bright pink one, and i love mac's russian red. so pretty. and lash blast is my favorite. i can never bring myself to spend much on mascara cause i've already got dark lashes, so i technically don't "need" it, but this stuff is awesome AND cheap! thanks for sharing all these favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is a great post. I rarely wear makeup so I'm never sure what to get when I finally purchase some. This is the perfect resource. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks!
    I love MAC ;)
    Happy New Year girl!
    xxx
    Emilie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always wanted to try Bare Minerals.. maybe I will for 2010 :) and blush mousse is one of my favs... hope you had a great holiday!

    Love & Aloha, S
    www.elisharon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. totally agree on the last blast!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great choices. MAC always looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great list, I didn't know about some of these items!! Thanks :) - Natalya of Wear Necessities

    ReplyDelete
  17. i have 'girl about town'! it is my absolute favorite color. i swear all of my money goes to M.A.C!

    xo.
    princesspolitico

    ReplyDelete
  18. heeeeey sweety, you have a really nice blog. i follow you now with bloglovin, because great blog :) come and check my blog an follow me too, that was so nice from you. big greats, ayse <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great list! I so agree with you on LashBlast, it's the best bang for your buck on mascaras that I've ever found! That Laura Mercier gloss looks so good! Too bad my lipstick box is already overflowing :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy New Year! I hope you've been having a great holiday season. Mine has been wonderful except for my cable modem dying on me. I just did a new post with a big announcement in it. I hope you'll check it out. Thanks. Take care. Have a fantastic holiday weekend. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've got #2 and #7 and I can't live without them :)
    Wish you a happy New Year darling, looking forward to reading your fashionable posts in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that color of OPI! so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the blog!

    http://lipstickthunder.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. you make me wanna shop!! luv your posts nice work!! niki
    @www.stylerodant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Keeping this list in my bag for when I'm going to shop for cosmetics!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love mac, is the best brand ever!!
    happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for all the recommendations. Number 10 looks like a product i really want to try.


    xoxo
    B* a la Moda

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great list for sure! I've used the maybelline eyeliner and it's great. The Laura Mercier blush is awesome too..and sadly it broke into little pieces one day.
    I've been using the BB voluminizing shampoo and definitely noticed a difference to the hair

    ReplyDelete
  29. great list! i'll have to check out that maybelline eyeliner. i find MAC too smudgy too...which makes it great for a smokey eye...

    ReplyDelete
  30. great list. you should try davines hair care products they are the best in the world! nou nou is an amazing nourshing shampoo and conditioner. SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete