October 2, 2009

Pin It

Widgets

Red Jade & Malene Grotrian

Spring 2010 shows took place on Wednesday evening at Circa Resto Lounge. Red Jade by Margarita Angelatos was the winner of last year's BCFW Generation Next Award.

The show opened with all white ensembles comprised of casual separates such as trousers, shorts, skirts and jersey tops. The opening pieces were all perfect examples of daywear – suiting with feminine details, wearable both for work or the weekend.

The collection later incorporated more colour, from olive to yellow and then to all black ensembles. Each piece in the collection could easily be worn from day to night.

A look backstage...

One corner of the media section at Red Jade. Working hard or hardly working? It's felt like both all week. We're all feeling the exhaustion at this point in the week but it's hard to complain when you're attending shows and being showered in swag bags.

Our team expanded for Malene Grotrian at 8pm. Lucky me - I'm sitting with the three most stylish boys in Vancouver!
All photos courtesy o Georgia Esporlas

I wore pleated trousers and belt from Zara, a chain from H&M, a shoulder-padded Topshop crop tee and Marc by Marc Jacobs heels. I also carried a red vintage clutch, it's not photographed but I had to mention it since the fact that it matched my shoes perfectly was extremely satisfying. I'm such a nerd.

My official review of the Red Jade show will be online at BC Fashion Week soon - will post when I know when.

For a review of the Malene Grotrian check out the blog Solo Lisa. Her photos are beautiful.


18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link love! It was a pleasure meeting you and Peter the other night.

    Incidentally, the photos I used are actually by Yvonne Chew; proper credit must be given to the talented photographer! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no worries, your review is awesome! and yes - a VERY talented photographer, her photos are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous photos, darling! You are such a rock star! Love your whole look, especially those lovely shoes!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! You look fabulous in your getup. I'm all about the trousers these days :) Also: I just purchased that H&M necklace. so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. dude, SO JEALOUS

    amaazing outfit

    myglitteringcreation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LADY, you look so hot. Love love love those shoes. Totally blog rolling you. My bad for not doing it before. And my bad for saying my bad. Ah ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. love! the white dress is simply gorgeous!



    http://alectonyx.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, wunderful. i like your outfit.

    the hairstyle of the models are really cool

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes indeed lucky kate, im a teenager and i think it would be cool to go out with johnny :) BTW you look amazing in these photos!
    XOXOX
    Libby
    http://fashionconfectionairy.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! Thank you for sharing. It all looks amazing! And I love your fashion sense!

    Great blog! I will def. be following!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your hair and outfit - looking fabulous as per usual! And it looks like you had a blast at the show, I'm sorry to have missed it all. I love when my shoes+bag matches so I would've mentioned the bag too, good stuff.

    -N

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello there. Great post as usual. I really do enjoying seeing what you will post next. I hope you've had a wonderful weekend. Take care. Have a fantastic week ahead. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The giant white bead necklace is incredible!!

    http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for the comment

    Great post!

    stoleninspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable shoes! Love 'em with the trousers.

    ReplyDelete