October 10, 2009

Pin It

Widgets

For those of you

who've been reading A Haute Mess since the beginning (thank you!) this dress will seem very familiar. I wore it the other night to the Urban Behaviour Fashion show, styled by the lovely ladies of Operation Style and featuring a slew of models and burlesque dancers who had to strut their stuff across a thin, slippery bar. In stillettos. Needless to say, I was terrified for them. But I digress... back to the dress.

The dress is vintage - it was hideous at first but I chopped off half of it and now it's one of my favourites. So of course I had to wear one of my favourite vintage dresses with one of my favourite vintage belts. My shoes and jacket are both from H&M.


My clutch and brooch are also vintage (sensing a theme here...) and were both my mom's. How seventies is the brooch?

For pictures and a review of the show, check out Vancouver blog Style Struck, written by the fabulous Olivia who I was lucky to meet and catch the show with. You might see a familiar face on her blog as well!

Thanks again Operation Style for a lovely evening! xo

19 comments:

  1. love your clutch! what a unique dress pattern...very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous outfit, darling! Love that dress! And your vintage accessories are fabulous as well :)

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, like the way you accessorized it! And good work linking, that was how I found your gorgeous little blog!
    bisous
    Miri

    ReplyDelete
  4. awsome dress u will appear in the next post of my blog
    walking-in-the-street.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your dress! Nice color!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loveeee that dress & the leather jacket!!! Amazing post!!

    http://www.hottheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. your dress is AMAZING - loving the blog gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wunderful outfit. i really like your shoes and the cute blouse

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there. Great post. Hope you've enjoyed the weekend. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice dress!
    you're really glowing in red!

    http://momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your dress! :)
    http://hellomisschic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I love the dress and brooch! Happy Thanksgiving :)x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Niki!

    I wanted to tell you that I just found your site very randomly but I got hooked INSTANTLY! Your fashion sense is inspiring and I love your different looks. You've got a great thing going on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE how you've styled this. My Moms seventies baubles are some of my favorite pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the dress a lot. It looks great with the black tights!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! YOU are Gorgeous! I say YOU have the MIDAS touch of being FASHIONABLY FABULOUS!!!:)
    xoxox,
    Gerri

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the print of that dress. It reminds me of one of those color blind books? I think thats what they are. To see which colors you see.

    ReplyDelete