September 23, 2009

Pin It

Widgets

I'm Baaaaaaack!

I spent the last few weeks visiting my mom's family and friends in Serbia. We were wined and dined like crazy, I must say there's nothing like European hospitality... at one point I even considered changing my blog name from a Haute Mess to a Fat Mess. My favourite part of the trip was seeing all of the beautiful architecture - coming from such a relatively new city it was so interesting to see buildings and houses built centuries ago with such amazing details. Some photos to share:



The shopping district in Belgrade.

The biggest church I have ever seen. Ever.

My future house, no big deal.
If I become the Bishop. Yikes.

Me! Downtown, wearing a seemingly familiar outfit.

City Hall

My favourite building.

A wonderful trip but I'm glad to be back! And thanks again everyone for all of your lovely comments, tweets and e-mails while I was away :)

8 comments:

  1. Glad to have you back. Im loving the pictures especially the one of the shopping district. Its very European and makes me home sick now lol..but glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back. I'm happy you had such a good time. Those are some fantastic photos. It looks very beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! And what gorgeous photos. As I already mentioned once, I've never been to Serbia, so it's nice to catch a glimpse of it via your lovely images. Eastern Europe is definitely very charming and hospitable. I also love the fact they're not as touristy, so you do still get a great feel for the country. Glad you had a great time! Of course my question has to be: did you manage to find places to shop while you were there? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY LORD!
    ABOUT TIME YOU CAME BACKKKK! GEEZUS! Great photos from your trip Blasina! Anyways have you heard back from Loulou?! you recieved your camera but now what!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! These are solely BEAUTIFUL photos!
    Thank YOU for sharing them!
    p.s. YOU made me LAUGH when you mentioned the blog name change to A FAT MESS! That's hilarious!!!:) ~ GLAD YOU'RE BACK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool trip, it looks very historical and quaint. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhhh i just want to say that my best friend is serbian as well!!!

    ReplyDelete