September 29, 2009

Pin It

Widgets

Give me some shades and a classic banged bob

because I will be front row at BC Fashion Week with my media pass tucked into my clutch (a lanyard doesn't cut it as a "statement necklace") reporting on all of the up-and-coming and already established fashion talent showing in our rainy city this week. This also includes ample opportunities to dress up and thus provide a remedy to my recent outfit-post laziness:

The opening gala this year took place at John Fluevog in Gastown. I wore a bold-shouldered dress from Topshop. Despite my desire to get my hands on a Herve Leger I do tend to stay away from body-conscious silhouettes like this one. I spent most of the night fighting off the urge to cover my ass with my clutch.

These heels are not what I wanted to wear but a major wardrobe disaster occured and so I did. These YSL booties are what I wanted to wear but it looks like I will never get the chance to unless I miraculously lose weight in my cankles. Or Tankles. Whatever. I love bankrupting myself for absolutely nothing. I also love buying shoes and expecting them to still fit once I'm on another continent. Most of all, I love being bitter and sarcastic when stupid happens.

I picked up this necklace on my first visit ever to Mango, in Novisad, and my clutch is vintage. I'm also really into this emerald nail polish right now. The one I'm wearing is "Jumpin' Jade" by Sally Hansen. OPI loyals beware: the brush is pretty wide. Cotton swabs dipped in nail polish remover are key for clean-up.

Visit BC Fashion Week online for more information on this years event!

20 comments:

  1. Do you know if OPI is making an emeraldy colour?? I have been desperately searching for one. The only dark green they seem to have is Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow- but I want shimmer damn it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is pretty. the outfit makes your very feminine face look less girly

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that bold shoulder looked, if only they had topshop in canada!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh looking hot girl! You're so lucky to get to check out BCFW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shoes remind me of these mary-jane Charles Jourdan pumps I once had. Great dress,looks fab on you! :)




    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look stunning babe! You have the same dress I saw on Kim Kardashian :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bitch.
    wheres my disco ball dress and hooker boots?!!? bwuahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha WAY to much metallic polyester. terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, your dress is so great. i love the shoulders. great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow you look so chic :)

    xoxo.
    bloo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shape of the dress, u are really working the shoulders!!

    One Love,
    Jowy
    www.iseejanemary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the peaked shoulders of the dress, beautiful look!

    http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look amazing, darling! Love that dress!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  14. Novi Sad, darling? Have you been in Serbia?!
    Wonderful post!

    FM~FP~AF

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your dress!!especially the shoulders!!

    Nice blog!!!


    Hanh,

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great outfit! Love the strong shoulders on the dress--very Balmain. :-)

    Re. BCFW, I'll be at Malene Grotrian's show today and I'm contemplating whether to go to Red Jade or not...but I'll be at Malene's show for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG! YOU are solely ELEGANT!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. love that topshop dress and clutch! Perfect! your blog title is perfect :)great blog! Please check out my fashion and lfestyle blog www.andeelayne.blogspot.com. Follow mine as i will yours! xo

    ReplyDelete